We know that your working environment is extremely tough, and that’s why you need our tools. At CorDEX we make accurate measurement simple, no matter what. In this blog, we’ll demonstrate exactly why our tools are rugged, safe and simple to operate, even in the most demanding environments.
The CorDEX UT5000 is a non-invasive, next generation thickness gauge which is the perfect choice for rugged environments. With CORDEX CONNECT™ it will measure metal thickness for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and Predictive Maintenance (Odm) on pipelines and fixed equipment within hazardous locations.
Packed with proven technologies such as CorDEX CONNECT™, the UT5000 thickness gauge uses RFID + software to tag measurements with their location before organising the data and giving the engineer a view of the pipeline at any specific location.
The unique corrosion mode option helps identity spots of thinning and MultiECHO™ technology improves accuracy on uneven surfaces; storing up to 1000 readings on its onboard memory.
ATEX and IECEx certified for Gas & Dust (Zone 21), the UT5000 can measure thickness and detect safety issues in virtually any explosive environment, from storage tanks to dust conveyors. The ruggedised transducer and brass wear ring helps prevent undue wear on the transducer surface and ensure that the UT5000 is tougher than most.
Why Choose the UT5000 Intrinsically Safe Thickness Gauge?
- ATEX and IECEx certified for Gas & Dust (Zone 21)
- Ruggedized transducer
- Data storage for download – Store up to 1000 datapoints for download and trending via CorDEX CONNECT database report package
- Continuous real-time measurement mode – Hunt for those hard to find defects using continuous measurement mode with configurable high or low alarms for each location
- Measure through paint – Don’t remove the paint and expose your metalwork to corrosive environments. The Echo/Echo mode can see through a painted surface and only measure the metalwork underneath!
- Store multiple readings at one tag location – Store up to 9 readings per RFID tag location, ideal for thickness testing around the circumference of a pipe or valve
- Built-in RFID reader – Embedded 13.5Mhz RFID reader. Link measurements to RFID tag locations for automatic collation and trending within CorDEX CONNECT™ database report package
- Pre-loaded material velocity table – Don’t know the material velocity? Doesn’t matter, choose from UT5000’s extensive list of materials or measure and load your own via CorDEX CONNECT™
- Put your best hand forward – Flip the menus for maximum comfort and usability if you’re left or right handed
Designed for rugged environments, the shock resistant skin on the UT5000 thickness gauge protects a 3.1 inch (8cm) colour screen and easy-to-feel raised buttons. The intrinsically safe dual-element, 4MHz transducer is adjustable up to 8Hz with accuracy of +/- 0.05mm (0.01inch).
Tested for Toughness
Some ultrasonic gauges claim to be tough, but can they pass the ToughTEST? Watch our video nd see what stringent tests we put our UT5000 through.
Withstanding a drop from a great height, dust, and water, the UT5000 remains rugged and working in almost any environment.
Want to know more?
You can also find more information on industry topics, visit our KnowledgeHub for the latest eBooks and white papers, or view our blog. You can also contact us on +44 (0) 1642 454373 from the UK or +1 877 836 0764 in the US.
CorDEX Catalogue - Autumn/Winter 2015 Our Autumn/Winter product catalogue for 2015 features our full line of intrinsically safe tools, including the rugged ToughPIX II TRIDENT EDITION and the GENESIS lighting range.
CorDEX Catalogue - Autumn/Winter 2015
Our Autumn/Winter product catalogue for 2015 features our full line of intrinsically safe tools, including the rugged ToughPIX II TRIDENT EDITION and the GENESIS lighting range.