Are you concerned about arc flash but understand the benefit of infrared inspections? Then what you need is IR Windows. You can protect your equipment, your plant and your employees using the next generation of IR Windows from CorDEX.
The IW Series SMART IR Windows are not only cost effective, simple to install and extremely rugged, but they are SMART too. Incorporating an embedded RFID tag, each UL and CSA recognised SMART IR Window can communicate wirelessly with any suitably RFID enabled device by providing a unique serial number wirelessly.
Manufactured from industrial grade materials designed to withstand electrical arcs and certified by Underwritten Laboratories (UL) to follow the very latest IR window standards, the SMART infrared windows can be used for low, medium and high voltage applications and are fully certified and tested to the following standards: UL50, UL50V and UL1558.
If you’re looking for help with NFPA70E compliance, then installing the IW Series SMART IR windows are the answer. As well as meeting electrical safety standards, you will also reduce the need to wear large and bulky PPE.
Take a look before you shoot with the high security, spring loaded impact cover, and forget about second visual inspection windows, as the IR window will allow you to confirm switch positions for lock-out tag-out compliance with the same window as you shoot IR. You can also be sure to maximise your investment as you don’t need to throw away your IR window when you change equipment. The windows themselves are fully removable and can be used again and again, even outliving your equipment.
Through intelligent design and special features, the IW Series reduces the time it takes to perform inspections. With the 1/4 turn locking system and spring loaded cover, it reduces your time per inspection.
The IW Series crystal lens is also protected with HYDROGARD™ advanced formula to stop environmental moisture damage allowing the windows to be used both indoor and outdoor.
Why choose our SMART infrared windows?
The IW Series is the latest generation of SAFIR SMART IR Windows and operate with any thermal imager, allowing you to take electrical inspection and predictive maintenance to a new level of safety, efficiency and accuracy. Here are 8 reasons why you should choose these IR windows:
- Low profile design – smooth, rounded edges, slim profile and typical switchgear colouring to match your host equipment perfectly and for a seamless installation
- Anodised aluminium housing – Your switchgear body is made of metal, so your IR window body should be also. Ensure you are not at risk of electric shock with this fully grounded, corrosion protected design
- Impact resistant clear cover – Protect your investment and maximise your return. The impact resistant clear cover helps prevent accidental damage whilst at the same time, allowing visual inspection and confirmation of equipment status
- Spring loaded hinge – Avoid crowded panels restricting your view. Install IW Series in any orientation and its spring loaded hinge will open and hold the cover automatically while you perform your survey
- 13.5Mhz RFID tag – Wirelessly identify each IR window with its unique embedded RFID tag. Build databases of your IR window inspections with any 13.5Mhz RFID enabled tool, or take advantage of CorDEX CONNECT software and enabled tools to do it for you
- Broadband, HYDROGARD™ coated crystal – Operates with any camera; digital, infrared or ultraviolet, the HYDROGARD™ coated optic is designed to be flexible and last the test of time
- Delivered fully assembled – No need to waste time and lose parts by removing screws and reassembling. Simply open the package, install and go
- 1/4 turn quick release mechanism – Captive 1/4 turn locking mechanism saves you money every time you use it. Simply twist the key 8- degrees and the IR window automatically opens
Want to know more?
You can also find more information on industry topics, visit our KnowledgeHub for the latest eBooks and white papers, or view our blog. You can also contact us on +44 (0) 1642 454373 from the UK or +1 877 836 0764 in the US.
CorDEX Catalogue - Autumn/Winter 2015 Our Autumn/Winter product catalogue for 2015 features our full line of intrinsically safe tools, including the rugged ToughPIX II TRIDENT EDITION and the GENESIS lighting range.
CorDEX Catalogue - Autumn/Winter 2015
Our Autumn/Winter product catalogue for 2015 features our full line of intrinsically safe tools, including the rugged ToughPIX II TRIDENT EDITION and the GENESIS lighting range.
IR Windows 101 eBook
Are you considering using IR Windows? Then you need to download your FREE copy of our ‘IR Windows 101: The answers to the questions you were afraid to ask’ White Paper today. A decade ago Infrared IR Windows were very much in their infancy, but today things are very different.