CorDEX DIGITHERM is the only certified intrinsically safe dual-mode digital and thermal camera available…..in the world
What does intrinsically safe mean?
An intrinsically safe instrument has to be designed from the ground up both electronically and mechanically to eliminate any possibility of generating an ignition source in a hazardous (explosive) area. The instrument must be approved by a notified body to international standards such as ATEX and IECEx. The standards that DIGITHERM compiles with are EN60079-11, EN60079-0 and EN60079-28.
Why get an intrinsically safe device?
A wide range of industrial equipment such as cameras, flashlights, gas detectors and measurement tools are available in intrinsically safe forms. They are used in industries such as petrochemical, oil platforms and refineries, pharmaceutical, pipelines and home inspection. There are many reasons why having intrinsically safe devices in your toolkit is beneficial. For example,
• It helps ensure a safe work environment and defends those working nearby from possible explosion risks
• Diagnostic and maintenance work can be undertaken without having to shut down production and ventilating the work area
• Expensive hot work permit procedures can be avoided
• It avoids the cost and bulk of explosion proof enclosures
• Insurance premiums may be lower from the reduction in risk
You need tools that are not only fit for the job and the environment, but will also keep you safe. Having an intrinsically safe tool will give you the reassurance and safety you require when on site.Back to News Index