UT5000 Intrinsically Safe thickness gauge with CorDEX CONNECT™ measures metal thickness for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and Predictive Maintenance (Pdm) on pipelines and fixed equipment within hazardous locations.
UT5000 is a next generation thickness gauge packed with proven technologies: CorDEX CONNECT™ uses RFID + Software to tag measurements with their location then organises the data, giving the engineer a view of the pipeline at any specific location.
The unique corrosion mode option helps identify spots of thinning; MultiECHO™ technology improves accuracy on uneven surfaces; onboard memory stores up to 1000 readings.
The CorDEX UT5000 is ATEX and IECEx certified for Gas & Dust (Zone 21). From storage tanks to dust conveyors, UT5000 can measure thickness and detect safely problems in virtually any explosive environment. The Ruggedized transducer and Brass wear ring prevent undue wear on the transducer surface and ensure the UT5000 is as tougher than most.
Designed for rugged environments, the shock resistant skin protects a 3.1 inch (8cm) colour screen and has easy-to-feel raised buttons. The intrinsically safe dual-element, 4MHz transducer is adjustable up to 8Hz with accuracy of +/- 0.05mm (0.002inch).
- ATEX and IECEx Certified for Zone 1 IIC T4 hazardous areas Features CorDEX CONNECT™ Intrinsically safe probe supplied as standard full Colour, backlit screen
- EchoEcho Technology to measure thickness through painted surfaces
- Drop-down menus to select the correct material velocity
- Multiple calibration and zeroing modes for repeatable accuracy
- On-board data recorder and RFID scanner, store up to a thousand automatically linked to tag location
- Menu ‘flip’ function allows use by both left and right handed technicians
Why choose our intrinsically safe thickness gauge?
• Detection range up to 5cm (1.9in)
• Supports ISO/IEC 15693-2, ISO/IEC 18000-3 tag formats
• 100 hours continuous operation with back light restrictions
• Low battery warning
Wouldn’t trust anything else April 27, 2018 by Brian
This is the only thickness gauge i trust to do a decent job on site. tried loads of others and never get accurate results
Very impressed January 11, 2018 by Mr Tomlinson
This product has been a lifesaver for our company. We don’t know how we managed before it!
Submit a Review
Select your rating:
How do I calibrate my UT5000 after detaching/re-attaching the probe?
- Ensure your probe lead is connected to your UT5000.
- Power on your UT5000.
- Press the setup key [SETUP]
- Highlight ‘transducer setup’ from the list using arrow keys, then press select key [SEL]
- Highlight ‘probe zero built in’ from the list using arrow keys, then press select key [SEL]
- Apply couplant gel to calibration disc situated on front face of UT5000.
- Place probe firmly against calibration disc.
- Press select [SEL]
How do you take a simple material thickness measurement with the UT5000?
- Ensure your UT5000 is powered on.
- Press velocity key [VEL]
- Using arrow keys select required material velocity from the pre-loaded list [SEL]
- Press Frequency key [FREQ]
- Highlight ‘single shot’ from list using arrow keys, then press select key [SEL]
- Apply couplant gel to material surface.
- Place probe against material surface.
- Press measure [MEAS]
- To save measurement for later use press save key [SAVE]
What areas can I enter with an intrinsically safe instrument?
Hazardous areas must be defined by the employer into designated zones and instruments must be certified for those zones. The type of hazardous atmosphere (gas, dust, mining) must be specified and the auto ignition temperature of that zone must be identified with instruments selected that are rated safe for thier temperature.
What does Intrinsically Safe Mean?
An intrinsically safe instrument has been designed from the ground up to use low voltage and current together with detailed electronic and mechanical design to elimate any possibility of generating an ignotino source in a hazardous (explosive) area. The instrument must be approved by a notified body to international standards such as ATEX and IECEx. The IEC standard that TC7000 compiles with is IEC EN 60079 -11.